Controllers Workshop – Controller & Budgeting (Best practices, new trends and widely accepted techniques)
- Understand the expanded role of the controller that is critical in today’s volatile environment
- Effectively communicate with others within the organization
- Understanding the role of the controller in the planning cycle, forecasting and strategic planning
- Manage and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Understanding the mysterious art of forecasting
- Understanding the major phases of budgeting
- The most important budgeting decision: are you going to do it from the top down or the bottom up?
- Evaluating and developing the capital budget
- The importance of written policies and procedures
- Identify and get rid of documentation that is not needed record retention
- Documenting the important processes and procedures
- Identify the objectives and responsibility for internal controls
- Understand the various types of fraud
- Understanding and managing the objectives and activities of internal audits
- The most important keys to prioritizing and managing your time
Not only has the controller’s role evolved significantly in companies of all sizes in the last few years but the demands of the job are changing. To stay effective as a controller and add greater value to the organization, you must be aware of how your job functions are changing with today’s increasing demands. That means taking a closer look at the hats every controller must wear: auditor, custodian; analyst; business partner, business advisory, cost accountant, budget, number cruncher, management accountant, revenue-stream manager and bean counter. But no pressure, right! All while keeping your sanity!
Supervisors, Team Leaders
Any one who wanted to develop goals
New and experienced controllers
Anyone who wishes to increase or refresh their knowledge of these areas.
David Sanders is considered one of the world’s leading experts in accounting, finance, business consulting, payroll, budgeting, collections, personal income taxes, business taxes, business set up, sales and use taxes, internal controls, inventory management, cycle counting, record keeping and vendor/supplier management. He has conducted approximately 10,100 training sessions, including public seminars, on-sites, company training, chambers of commerce trainings, colleges, videos, CDs and webinars worldwide.
With a FREE membership you can get one Exclusive Video every 30 days!
With a free memebrship account, you can browse the entire library, buy credits & attend live webinars and read expert posts. Join and explore the coolest complaince platform ever. Feel free to upgrade anytime to view all Exclusive content and get additional benefits for your account.
Do I have to pay to join?
For FREE signups there is no payment required. No Credit Card needed. We also offer EDGE & PRO, paid memberships.
What are the different formats?
There are Live and Recorded, Expert led webinars. Durations vary from 30min to 6hrs. Standards & checklists are in pdf form
What if I am interested in more than one exclusive?
You can upgrade to EDGE memebrship at any time and enjoy unlimited Exclusive viewing. All our memebrships are annual plans.
How many videos can I watch?
As a FREE memebr you get 1 free exclusive video every 30days. You can buy additional videos.
Who are the Experts?
All Experts on our platform are handpicked or referred by other Experts based on years of experience & proven expertise in providing learning & consulting advice.
What if I have questions after watching a video?
We provide first of its kind, Expert on Call service, where you can directly schedule one on one call with the Expert of your choice & discuss.