Texting and Mobile Devices in Healthcare – HIPAA and CMS Requirements for Security of PHI
- Find out the ways that patients want to use texting to communicate with providers, and the ways providers want to use texting to enable better patient care.
- Learn what are the risks of using texting, what can go wrong, and what can result when it does.
- Learn how to use an information security management process to evaluate risks and make decisions about how best to protect PHI and meet patient needs and desires.
- Find out about limitations on the use of messages and calls to cell phones under The Telephone Consumer Protection Act of 1991.
- Discover how The Joint Commission decided to allow and then withdraw allowing the use of texting for physician orders.
- Find out what policies and procedures you should have in place for dealing with texting, as well as any new technology.
- Learn about the training and education that must take place to ensure your staff uses texting properly and does not risk exposure of PHI.
- Find out the steps that must be followed in the event of a breach of PHI.
- Learn about how the HIPAA audit and enforcement activities are now being increased and what you need to do to survive a HIPAA audit.
The webinar will discuss the requirements, the risks, and the issues of the increasing use of mobile devices and texting for patient and provider communications and provide a road map for how to use them safely and effectively, to increase the quality of health care and patient satisfaction. In addition, the session will discuss how to be prepared for the eventuality that there is a breach, so that compliance can be assured.
- Compliance Director
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- HIPAA Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Counsel/Lawyer
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
Jim Sheldon-Dean is the founder and director of compliance services at Lewis Creek Systems, LLC, a Vermont-based consulting firm founded in 1982, providing information privacy and security regulatory compliance services to a wide variety of health care entities. Sheldon-Dean serves on the HIMSS Information Systems Security Workgroup, has co-chaired the Workgroup for Electronic Data Interchange Privacy and Security Workgroup, and is a recipient of the WEDI 2011 Award of Merit. He is a frequent speaker regarding HIPAA and information privacy and security compliance issues at seminars and conferences, including speaking engagements at numerous regional and national healthcare association conferences and conventions and the annual NIST/OCR HIPAA Security Conference in Washington, D.C.
With a FREE membership you can get one Exclusive Video every 30 days!
With a free memebrship account, you can browse the entire library, buy credits & attend live webinars and read expert posts. Join and explore the coolest complaince platform ever. Feel free to upgrade anytime to view all Exclusive content and get additional benefits for your account.
Do I have to pay to join?
For FREE signups there is no payment required. No Credit Card needed. We also offer EDGE & PRO, paid memberships.
What are the different formats?
There are Live and Recorded, Expert led webinars. Durations vary from 30min to 6hrs. Standards & checklists are in pdf form
What if I am interested in more than one exclusive?
You can upgrade to EDGE memebrship at any time and enjoy unlimited Exclusive viewing. All our memebrships are annual plans.
How many videos can I watch?
As a FREE memebr you get 1 free exclusive video every 30days. You can buy additional videos.
Who are the Experts?
All Experts on our platform are handpicked or referred by other Experts based on years of experience & proven expertise in providing learning & consulting advice.
What if I have questions after watching a video?
We provide first of its kind, Expert on Call service, where you can directly schedule one on one call with the Expert of your choice & discuss.