The Complexity and Interplay Among ADAAA, FMLA, and Worker’s Comp (WC) –
How Do They Work Together, or Not?
- Review the intricacies of how WC, ADAAA, and WC intersect to provide employees’ coverage under these acts
- Discuss the challenges in terminating an employee after they have expended their FMLA benefits without ignoring their rights through the ADAAA or state laws
- Identify steps to follow when an employee fails to provide the requested and required medical certification
- Explain the process in responding to an intermittent leave request that may include a potential ADAAA accommodation
- Describe essential documentation guidelines to prevent liability
- Outline best practices when conducting the legally required interactive process when determining an accommodation
- Clarify a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities based on the ADAAA
- Discuss the criteria for essential job functions
- Determine if and why you need a second or third medical opinion
- Review WC/ADAAA light duty restrictions while keeping FMLA intermittent and reduced scheduled leave viable
The webinar training will address ADAAA, FMLA, and Worker’s Comp laws that HR is responsible for upholding. When the laws are not followed, it increases the liability for the organization and interferes with a fair and equitable work environment for employees.
- CEOs, COOs, CFOs
- Human Resources Directors, Managers and Specialists
- HR Executives
- Managers and Supervisors
- Benefit Specialists
- Business Owners
- General Managers
- Human Resource Managers / Administration
- Privacy Officers
- Health Information Managers
- Healthcare Counsel/Lawyers
- Office Managers
- HR Practitioners
- Leave Administrators
- Benefits Administrators
Susan Fahey Desmond is a principal with Jackson Lewis PC, a labor and employment law boutique firm with offices across the country. Ms. Desmond has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law since 1985. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. Additionally, Ms. Desmond is frequently published on labor and employment law issues.
With a FREE membership you can get one Exclusive Video every 30 days!
With a free memebrship account, you can browse the entire library, buy credits & attend live webinars and read expert posts. Join and explore the coolest complaince platform ever. Feel free to upgrade anytime to view all Exclusive content and get additional benefits for your account.
Do I have to pay to join?
For FREE signups there is no payment required. No Credit Card needed. We also offer EDGE & PRO, paid memberships.
What are the different formats?
There are Live and Recorded, Expert led webinars. Durations vary from 30min to 6hrs. Standards & checklists are in pdf form
What if I am interested in more than one exclusive?
You can upgrade to EDGE memebrship at any time and enjoy unlimited Exclusive viewing. All our memebrships are annual plans.
How many videos can I watch?
As a FREE memebr you get 1 free exclusive video every 30days. You can buy additional videos.
Who are the Experts?
All Experts on our platform are handpicked or referred by other Experts based on years of experience & proven expertise in providing learning & consulting advice.
What if I have questions after watching a video?
We provide first of its kind, Expert on Call service, where you can directly schedule one on one call with the Expert of your choice & discuss.