Hospital & Healthcare Compliance
Patient Access of Medical Records under HIPAA – HHS Guidance and Compliance Objectives
This training program will provide a comprehensive look at the changes in the new access rights under HIPAA and CLIA regulations and prepare attendees for the process of incorporating the changes into how they do business in their facilities. It will also explain how the HIPAA audit and enforcement activities are now being increased and what needs to be done to survive a HIPAA audit.
- Learn about the access rights under HIPAA and CLIA regulations.
- Learn about the extensive new guidance from the HHS Office of Civil Rights on access of PHI.
- Learn about the guidance from HHS regarding access of mental health information and minors’ information.
- Find out what the regulations call for and what processes you must have in place for the proper approval and denial of access as appropriate.
- Learn about the required process for the review of certain denials of access.
- Learn how e-mail and texting should be handled, what can go wrong, and what can result when it does.
- Find out about HIPAA requirements for access and patient preferences, as well as the requirements to protect PHI.
- Learn about the training and education that must take place to ensure your staff handles access requests properly.
- Learn about how the HIPAA audit and enforcement activities are now being increased and what you need to do to survive a HIPAA audit.
- Compliance director
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- HIPAA Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Counsel/Lawyer
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
Lewis Creek Systems is headed by Jim Sheldon-Dean, a popular speaker about information privacy and security and a leading figure in the information privacy and security community. Lewis Creek Systems is a management systems consulting firm founded in 1982, providing services in information security, information privacy and security regulatory compliance, business process analysis, organization development, software development, and systems integration. Through its own abilities and a set of alliances and partnerships, Lewis Creek Systems offers a complete suite of services related to information privacy and security for a variety of healthcare and business entities, large and small, public and private, throughout the northeast and nationally. Extensive references are available.
With a FREE membership you can get one Exclusive Video every 30 days!
With a free memebrship account, you can browse the entire library, buy credits & attend live webinars and read expert posts. Join and explore the coolest complaince platform ever. Feel free to upgrade anytime to view all Exclusive content and get additional benefits for your account.
Do I have to pay to join?
For FREE signups there is no payment required. No Credit Card needed. We also offer EDGE & PRO, paid memberships.
What are the different formats?
There are Live and Recorded, Expert led webinars. Durations vary from 30min to 6hrs. Standards & checklists are in pdf form
What if I am interested in more than one exclusive?
You can upgrade to EDGE memebrship at any time and enjoy unlimited Exclusive viewing. All our memebrships are annual plans.
How many videos can I watch?
As a FREE memebr you get 1 free exclusive video every 30days. You can buy additional videos.
Who are the Experts?
All Experts on our platform are handpicked or referred by other Experts based on years of experience & proven expertise in providing learning & consulting advice.
What if I have questions after watching a video?
We provide first of its kind, Expert on Call service, where you can directly schedule one on one call with the Expert of your choice & discuss.